Have you heard about Avon’s latest mascara?
If you haven’t seen it yet, here’s what everyone’s talking about:
It has already been recognized as a revolutionary new breakthrough by Allure, InStyle, People and many others. The one and only Mega Effects Mascara made it’s big debut earlier this month in the July 2013 Avon Catalog (C17), Mega Effects Mascara has a lot of people talking particularly about its unique design.
The first and only Wonderbrush! The ergonomic Mega Effects Wonderbrush combs through lashes for darker, denser dramatic lashes for 24 hour wear. The brush fits the natural shape of lashes and is designed to deliver up 40% more formula with clump free application corner to corner. Take a look…
Warning! When applying it for the first time, don’t be surprised (or discouraged) if you don’t get the hang of it. After years of using wand style straight mascara brushes, the “wonderbrush” felt awkward and my hand was shaky, I ended up getting mascara on my eyelid, my hands, my nose, basically everywhere! I was pretty disappointed. But whenever I test a product I try to be open and give the product the benefit of the doubt. I’ve heard such great things about Mega Effects Mascara, they couldn’t all be wrong. So I went on to my Avon Representative website and low and behold I found a great “How to Video” on how to apply the mascara. The women in the video are all regular Avon Representatives and they seem to have gotten the hang of using the wonder brush so maybe I could too. So I gave it another try, applied it exactly as the video suggested and it worked!
Here’s the How to video:
This Avon mascara should work for mostly everyone whether you have short, thin, long or thick lashes and with a little practice you will get the hang of it. Give it a try and don’t get discouraged! Because it’s a completely different technique you’ll basically have to retrain yourself when it comes to the application. The wonderbrush is all that it claims to be; it added volume, separated and made my lashes look great overall! Your lashes will look great too!
1) Bend the brush! It makes all the difference I was trying to apply it with the brush handle straight up and that made it awkward to apply.
2) Wiggle it! Start at the base of your lashes and don’t be afraid to use slight pressure to wiggle and move toward the tip of your lashes.
3) Gently rock the wand back and forth as you pull it from the base. The formula is WET! The wetter formula combined with the Avon Wonderbrush is what allows the formula to coat lashes without leaving any clumps. When applying Mega Effects Mascara, a good tip is to gently rock the wand back and forth as you pull it from the base. This allows you to control how quickly the wand slides out and the amount of formula that comes out with it.
4) Don’t use too much formula. You should be able to apply two coats with just one brushful of mascara.
Click to view Avon Mega Effects Mascara Instructions included on the package
How to Purchase:
Avon Mega Effects Mascara is sold regularly for $10.00. It comes in Black and Brown colors only. At this time there is not a waterproof version.
Avon Mega Effects Ingredients:
- PARAFFIN STEARIC ACID
- ACACIA SENEGAL GUM
- BEESWAX/CIRE D’ABEILLE
- COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA
- AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL
- VP/DIMETHICONYLACRYLATE/POLYCARBAMYL/POLYGLYCOL ESTER
- ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER
- DISODIUM EDTA
- PEG-12 DIMETHICONE
- SORBITAN STEARATE
- PEG-40 STEARATE
- MAY CONTAIN:
- IRON OXIDES
- CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN/CI 77289
- CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS/CI 77288
- MICA/CI 77019
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891
- ULTRAMARINES/CI 77007
- BLACK 2/CI 77266
- RED 40/CI 16035
- RED 40 LAKE/CI 16035
What others are saying about the mascara
Absolutely Amazing Date:August 11, 2013 “I’ve used a lot of mascara over the years and this is by far my new favorite and go to product. I don’t have very full lashes to begin with and these really bring them out and gives them volume and curl. This mascara replaces all the other ones I own.”
Date:August 8, 2013 “I was really excited to get this new mascara to try, from the reviews I had read it was so exciting. I used it today for the first time and it is AMAZING!! It takes a little while to get used to the brush, but the product is great. You need very little and it goes a long way. I am always looking for new mascaras that don’t clump or flake and this product doesn’t do either. I would highly recommend to anyone.”